We are looking for a Social Media Coordinator!
The Social Media Coordinator will manage and oversee Femina Hip’s social media messaging, content development and communication.
Job Description: Social Media Coordinator
Reporting to: Media Director
Send your CV at email@example.com
Subject: Social Media Coordinator
Deadline to postulate: Friday, September 20th, 2019
The Social Media Coordinator will manage and oversee Femina Hip’s social media messaging, content development and communication. The Coordinator is a highly motivated, creative individual who is social media savvy, experienced in content development and social media strategy. She/he has to be passionate about connecting with our current and future target audiences. This comes through as she/he engages with our audience on a daily basis, with the ultimate goal of:
• Turning likes into engagement, and creating following.
• Promoting and fostering the Femina Family values.
Coordination between the Femina Hip departments and products and a constant awareness of all events and projects (both online and offline), are integral to the Social Media Coordinator. An essential component is communicating the organisation’s brand in a positive, authentic way, which will attract our audience.
Social Media Content management duties:
• Participate in developing, implementing and managing Fermina’s social media strategy.
• Creation and publishing of relevant, original, engaging, factual, innovative high-quality content for social media
• Integrate content from all Fema media vehicles (radio, TV, print magazine and outreach activities) creating new social media content in the new process
• Ensure alignment between the Fema Social Media platform and all other media outputs
• Stay up to date with latest social media best practices and technologies (tools and trends)
• Implement a content editorial calendar and publishing schedule to manage content and plan specific, timely social campaigns.
• Create and edit videos
• Content development and management of the Femina Hip website
• Creation of content and messaging from other media vehicles and ongoing events
• Work closely with your supervisor to manage or oversee all social media campaigns.
Social Media administration duties:
• Work in teams, manage people and provide constructive feedback
• Prepare the annual social media budgets
• Assist in the graphic designs related to social media
• Track the increase/decrease in social media statistics and suggest ways to improve
• Search engine optimization (SEO) and generation of inbound traffic
• Help identify and improve organizational development aspects that would improve social media content, i.e. employee training.
• Develop brand awareness and manage online reputation
• Ensure there is approval of all social media content and quality control
• Oversee the social media annual planning agendas
• Hold regular social media meetings to stay abreast of Social Media performance.
• Adhere to rules, regulations and IT security policies
• Informed user of social media like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ and other social media best practices.
• Swahili and English language fluency and capacity to write well
• Relevant training with degree in journalism, marketing or related fields
• Knowledge of IT
• Familiarity with web design and publishing
• Excellent multitasking skills
• Team player and leadership skills
• Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
• Good time management skills